Writing and Editing
- Copyedit fiction and nonficton book manuscripts for publishers and independent authors.
Edit short stories, literary journal submissions, magazine articles, brochures, website text.
- Write and edit grant applications.
- Specialize in writing and editing in fields of natural resources and the environment.
- Complete knowledge Chicago and Associated Press styles.
- Copyeditor and manager, Village NetMedia newspapers and websites for seven years.
- Former information officer, Alaska Department of Fish and Game.
- Past writer for Christian Science Monitor, E Magazine, Free Press, Camden Herald, several other publications.
- Many years as writer of educational materials for Natural Resources Council of Maine, Maine Audubon, Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association.
- Born and raised in Anchorage, Alaska.
- Started writing as student at North Star Elementary School.
- Lived and studied in Sweden, Austria, Germany.
- Bachelor's degree in English and German, Colby College.
- Master's degree in communications and natural resources, University of Michigan.
Director Lincolnville Community Library
- Wrote and edited press releases, social media content, annual reports, newsletters.
- Managed and wrote text for website www.lincolnvillelibrary.org.
I have more than thirty years of experience as a professional editor and writer. Give me a book manuscript, short story, creative essay or any other piece of writing and I will make it strong, clear, consistent, and correct in language and style. I enjoy working with both beginning and seasoned writers and can help guide you in focusing your work for particular target audiences, including juvenile, young adult and adult.